We offer hospitalization and emergency services during our regular business hours. If your pet has an emergency after hours, we recommend 24-hour facilities such as Nashville Veterinary Specialists on Sidco Drive, or Blue Pearl Pet Hospital on Mallory Lane for medical overnight care.
Our entire staff undergoes specialized training in CPR and emergency care multiple times each year, and we run drills on a regular basis during which we practice CPR and emergency techniques.
We have on-site diagnostics to give us insight into your pet's condition in a timely manner. Some of our diagnostic capabilities include the following:
- Bloodwork and digital x-rays with emergency consultation with Boarded Radiologists and Cardiologists
- PO2 and PCO2 (blood gas analysis)
- Doppler blood pressure checks
- Emergency ultrasounds
- Abdominocentesis and thoracocentesis (for the removal of fluid or air for diagnostic purposes or for therapeutic relief)
Symptoms that Require Immediate Evaluation
No one knows your pet better than you do. If at any time you feel that your pet requires emergency care, please seek treatment either from our facility during regular hours or from one of the after-hours hospitals that we recommend.
Below is just a sample of symptoms that require immediate intervention:
- Acute injuries
- Ingestion of a toxin or foreign object
- Difficulty breathing
- Persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- And any sudden, dramatic change in your pet’s health or behavior